Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday Morning and Eggs

It's hard getting up early on Sunday. But I love that, because I have time to curl up with my cat and stroke her and tell her how beautiful she is. (She knows.) But eventually my phone will ring or my stomach will call, and it's time to start my day.

Mornings here in San Diego are gray. The morning clouds and fog lift by 11am, but until then it's usually gray. On a gray morning, (or any morning, for that matter!) I want my spiced chai. (See previous post). My cat (Boo) wants toy time. Have you ever tried to make tea and keep a cat amused with one of those "fishing poles" with a "mouse" on the end of it? It's not easy. It's even harder to do the simplest thing, like boil and egg. But that's what I do on Sundays. In fact, I've taken to doing that during the week, to make my "Curried Egg Salad", which is my entry into Sig's Weekend Breakfast Blogging event over at Live to Eat.

This dish is abysmally simple, but one of the nicer ways to start your day. I always keep some hard boiled eggs around, just in case I get the urge.....

1 hard boiled egg
3/4 teaspoon mayonaise
curry powder to taste

I usually take out half the egg yolk for my lower fat version, but you don't need to.

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mash.
Put on top of some bread and add salt and pepper if your curry powder isn't salty enough.
Enjoy!


For health news visit Mission Valley Acupuncture

For a place to share what you've learned about vitamins, supplements, herbs, or any other natural health remedy, visit my other blog Second Opinion

11 comments:

Sig said...

Tony, curried egg salad, now that's creative... looks yummy, and it is so easy to make too... what an eggstraordinary dish :) thanks for the entry.

Toni said...

Sig - my pleasure! Actually, I eat this several times a week.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I don't like to cook on Sunday mornings, but I do like to eat breakfast -- a protein breakfast, unlike most other mornings during the week. This is just my speed!

Anonymous said...

I love simple and delicious! This looks fantastic!

Toni said...

Lydia - I understand how you feel. I've felt the same way in the past. This one solves the problem - boiling an egg is about my speed!

Chris - Simple and delicious works for me every time!

Stella said...

Easy & simple make delicious things!
What better way is there to start a Sundy morning than the way you described it?
Hmmmm:)

Unknown said...

My roommate likes to put curry powder in her tuna salad, I never thought to add it to egg salad, very creative!

Toni said...

Valentina - I agree - simplicity rules!

e - Somehow the idea just came to me one day, and I've been making it ever since. Easy!

Freya said...

Simple but totally delicious I bet! One to try!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Wow, Toni, this is so new to me!

I love your recipe - anything with eggs will make me smile! Especially in gray mornings!

Toni said...

Freya and Paul - I love simple, easy things on a busy morning, and this fits the bill.

Patricia - It was new to me, too. I never read this anywhere - it just sort of came to me.